A little coastal town tucked away in the Konkan region of Maharashtra, Alibaug is a very popular weekend getaway holiday destination and has earned itself the name of ‘Mini-Goa‘, owing to the high tourist footfall all year round. Alibaug has numerous beaches, and all the beaches are only a few minutes’ drives away from each other, so you won’t have to worry about which beach to visit and which one to leave out. Alibaug is home to Mandwa Beach, a beach famously known for the innumerable number of movie shootings that take place here.
Places to Visit in Alibaug:
- Alibaug Beach is a picturesque stretch of sand situated in Maharashtra.
- Alibaug is a black-sand beach which offers the panoramic sight of the Kolaba fort from the shores.
- Named after the Alibaug coast, the Alibaug beach is popular for its scenic beauty & its rich history with many adventure sports
Water Sports in Alibaug
- You can enjoy various water activities such as Parasailing at Nagaon beach, sea kayaking, jet ski and banana boat ride at Alibaug beach.
- To enjoy the enthralling sports of quad biking, you must make your way to the Mandwa beach for best biking experience.
- Alibaug is also famous for its scuba diving and island trips.
- Kolaba fort or Alibag fort is one of the most important tourist attraction in Alibag.
- It is a 300-year old fort which was once chief naval stations during the reign of Shivaji Maharaj in Maharashtra.
- The area within the fort itself is dotted with historical artifacts and vestiges such as cannons and carvings of animals and birds on the fort walls.
- Old temple buildings are also present here.
- Located on the shores of the Arabian sea, Nagaon beach is 9 km away from the Alibaug’s city centre.
- Lined palms, betel, and Suru trees, this beach is most famous for its cleanliness and for hosting water-based adventure activities available at a reasonable price.
- Experience the life of the locals at the many homestays and resorts here, which make Nagaon Beach the perfect weekend getaway.
- Located just 12 kilometres from Alibaug, Kihim Beach is famous for dense coconut trees and pollution-free air.
- The beach is adorned with incredible white sand, with distinct types of shells scattered all over.
- Beautiful migratory and resident birds also make their way to the Kihim beach and are found in abundance here.
- The Kund is 20 km away from Alibaug, built in 1612, Brahma Kund is immensely popular for its religious belief. Located on a hill to, there are two kunds the Shiv pool and the Brahmas Kund.
- It is a spectacular rectangular shaped Kund surrounded by steps on all four sides.
- It is believed that the water in the Kund was collected by constructing walls when Lord Brahma bathed Lord Krishna in an era bygone.
- Varsoli beach is one of the least visited beaches of Alibaug.
- It isn’t visited by many tourists and hence remains less crowded than other beaches of Alibaug.
- Located just 3 km away from the city, Varsoli beach is known for its beach resorts and cottages that are best suited for a peaceful getaway.