Pheuntsholing: 2 Night, Thimphu: 2 Night, Punakha: 1 Night, Paro: 2 Night
- Takin Zoo,
- Tashichho Dzong
- Druk Wangyal chortens
- Dochula Pass
- Drukgyel Dzong
- Paro Dzong
- Khichyu Lahkhang
- Kharbandi Gompa and lots more
DAY 01 – ARRIVE AT BAGDOGRA AIRPORT/NJP RAILWAY STATION – HOTEL BOOKED IN PHEUNTSHOLING.
DAY 02 – CHECK OUT → CHUKKA – HOTEL BOOKED IN THIMPU – CLOCK TOWER SQUARE
DAY 03 – THIMPU LOCAL SIGHTSEEING
DAY 04 – CHECK OUT → DOCHULA PASS → ENROUTE SIGHTSEEING – BOOKED HOTEL IN PUNAKHA
DAY 05 – CHECK OUT → ENROUTE SIGHTSEEING – BOOKED HOTEL IN PARO
DAY 06 – PARO LOCAL SIGHTSEEING
DAY 07 – CHECK OUT → ENROUTE SIGHTSEEING – BOOKED HOTEL IN PHEUNTSHOLING.
DAY 08 – DROP AT BAGDOGRA AIRPORT/NJP RAILWAY STATION
Welcome to Bhutan. Arrive at Bagdogra airport and drive through northern Indian tea plantation to transfer to Pheuntsholing. Process for route permit and you have the rest of the day at leisure. Overnight at Pheuntsholing.
Note: If you are entering Bhutan via land, it is to be noted that the permits are issued only during working days and hours. (Monday to Friday between 9 am to 4 pm during winters and 5 pm during summers). No permits are issued on Saturday, Sunday and Bhutan government holidays.
This morning transfer to the capital city of Thimphu through the mountains, this journey is of almost unbelievable beauty. The road leads from the northern Indian tea plantations through endless turns, hair pin bends and daring stretches carved into the mountain rock via Chukka to Thimphu. Check in the hotel. Afternoon you can relax and in the evening spend some time in clock tower square. Overnight at Thimphu.
Today’s sightseeing includes the Folk Heritage Museum, National Library, and Handicraft Centre to view the traditional arts, the indigenous Medicine Hospital, the Painting School and from the road point take a glimpse of Tashichho Dzong.
Further drive uphill and visit Takin Zoo where you will find national animal of Bhutan.
Afternoon visit National Memorial Chorten a stupa dedicated to the third king of Bhutan and Buddha statue.
Evening take a walk to the main city from Clock tower square. Overnight at Thimphu .
This morning drive to low lands of Punakha valley touching Dochula pass 10,000 ft and on the stop at Hongtsho village. Stop at the immigration check point to stamp in your permit.
You will be driving through the first mountain pass in the western part of Bhutan. See the 108 Druk Wangyal chortens on the top of the pass where the ridges are draped in colourful prayer flags greet you. You could take three rounds and offer prayers, take some best photo shots.
If the weather is clear you will be able to see the highest peaks towards the north, Gangar Punsum among others is the highest un-climbed peak (24,000 ft) in the world. Proceed down to Thinleygang village and upon reaching Lobesa turn left and enter Punakha valley.
Check in the hotel. Afternoon visit majestic Punakha Dzong placed strategically at the junction of the Pho Chu and Mo Chu rivers, the Dzong was built in 1637 by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal to serve as the religious and administrative seat of the region. It was here that the dual system of government was introduced in the 17th century and in 1907, enthroned the first King Gongsar Ugyen Wangchuk. Evening at leisure. Overnight at Punakha.
Morning drive to Paro via same road and stop at Lamperi. Visit the Royal Botanical Park for 30 minutes. If you are lucky you could see red pandas, different species of birds, you can take some photo shot close to the natural lake. You could watch a short documentary about the park.
Proceed to Paro via Semtokha and check in the hotel.
Afternoon visit ruins of Drukgyel Dzong and drive till the base of Tigers Nest. Evening is at leisure. Overnight at Paro.
Morning visit Paro Dzong, the National Museum housed in a round fortress called as the Ta Dzong considered to be one of the best natural history museums in Asia where it has a fine collection of natural and historic artefacts,
Paro Penlop Heritage Farm house Kyichu Lhakhang the monastery dates back to 7th century and is one of the oldest and most sacred. Afternoon at leisure and evening visit the town for shopping. Overnight at Paro .
Morning transfer to Phuentsholing and before reaching Phuentsholing stop and visit Kharbandi Gompa. Check in the hotel and evening at leisure. Overnight at Pheuntsholing.
After breakfast check out and depart for your hometown or onward destination. Holiday Concludes. Let’s stay in touch on Facebook\email and meet again on another memorable Holiday. See you soon!
- 07 Nights Hotel accommodation at suggested or similar category hotels
- Meals – Breakfast and Dinner as specified in the itinerary above
- Transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary by non-air conditioned vehicle
- All internal permits and internal taxes.
- All internal permits
- (<strong><u>Note:</strong></u> If you are entering Bhutan via land, it is to be noted that the permits are issued only during working days and hours. Monday to Friday between 9 am to 4 pm during winters and 5 pm during summers). No permits are issued on Saturday, Sunday and Bhutan government holidays.
- GST 5% (Government Tax) on total package price
- Airfare/ Railway Fare
- Any other meals than those mentioned above
- Any up gradation in airline class or hotel room category
- English speaking guide
- Any items of personal nature like tips to guides, drivers ,laundry, telephone charges, shopping, wines & alcoholic beverages, mineral water (unless specified), and food and drink which is not part of set group menu,entry fee to museums
- Any optional tours, excursions, supplement costs, services and activities not mentioned in the itinerary inclusions.
- Entrance fees of sight seeings mentioned in the itinerary are not included
- Any extra cost incurred on behalf of any individual due to illness, accident , hospitalization or any personal emergency