Karnala – A Holiday In Nature’s Lap. A renowned fort city, Karnala is set in the Raigad district within the state of Maharashtra. It is located at an escalation of about 439 m above sea level and is surrounded by dense green forests and lofty mountain ranges on either side.
Places to Visit in Karnala:
- Karnala fort also known as the Funnel Hill is a hill fort in Raigad district, about 10 km from Panvel city and 65 km from Mumbai.
- The fort is a protected property which is situated within the Karnala Bird Sanctuary and offers a great opportunity to enjoy a refreshing, easy trek.
- Karnala fort consists of two forts out of which one is at a higher level and other is at a lower level.
Karnala Bird Sanctuary
- A little away from the Mumbai-Pune Expressway is the Karnala Bird Sanctuary filled with species of both flora and fauna that are sure to astound you.
- Today the Karnala Sanctuary is popular among bird watchers as well as hikers who want to get away from the busy urban jungles.
- Located around the Karnala Fort the sanctuary also has an added historic attraction besides being a wonderful weekend getaway for hikers, picnickers and of course, bird lovers.