Pratapgad Fort Tourism
Pratapgad literally ‘Valour Fort’ is a large fort located in Satara district, in the Western Indian state of Maharashtra. Significant as the site of the Battle of Pratapgad, the fort is now a popular tourist destination.
Places to Visit Nearby:
- Pratapgad is a hill fort in Maharashtra.
- Situated close to the famous hill station of Mahabaleshwar in the district of Satara, the citadel rises to an elevation of about 3500 feet from the ground.
- Much of the fortifications are still intact, and the fort is a popular tourist destination.
- Bhawani Temple is on the eastern side of the lower fort.
- The wooden pillars support the temple and the shrine is constructed from gold, where the black stone image of goddess Bhavani is kept for worship.
- The temple has a sword of Maratha general Hambirao Mohite that is adorned with 6 diamond stones and signifies that he had killed 600 soldiers.
- It is the sunset Point and a scenic spot for Nature lovers and is a beautiful place to watch the serene sunset.